Google

Monday 11 August 2008

You Can Turn Back the Clock - Mens Sana in Corpore Sano





Yesterday, after 3 years, I finally managed to repeat the same triathlon event on behalf of Prostate UK - the aptly-named Prostate UK Castle Combe Rowing Triathlon (excellently organised as usual by Will Whitmore at DB Max).

So I was keen to find out if I'd improved on the previous one - if I'd turned back the clock.

It was a very near thing, as you can see. But I did it, literally, 'on the run' (NOTE: this year's run time included T2 transition from the bike)



total

3k row

T1

20k cycle

T2

3k run

2007

1:13:29

11:16

1:35

43:27

2:01

15:10

2008

1:11:51

11:29

1:37

43:25

?

15:20 (incl T2)



Comparing the training regimes, year-on-year, I'd have to put the improvement down to last month's consumption of booze and cigars at Henley Regatta...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

SDJ - as you obviously enjoy rowers triathlons why not try the Marlow RC annual tri - Rowers Revenge.

http://www.marlowrowingclub.org.uk/information.asp?page=344

crap website but nice event!

I've done it for about 4 years and will be there again this year!

BJ

Pragmatist said...

Small world! I actually registered last week (after they resolved some issues with the rego process, which was, indeed, crap). I look forward to battling it out.

I was last there in '05 on an old Trek hybrid, so the pressure's on to show some improvement. Must also remember to stop at that official stop-point, to avoid 2 min penalty...

Best,
SDJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails